Good skin is the best make up. No matter what we apply externally on our skin but if it is not fed properly from within it is still not going to look as beautiful as it should. A good complexion is something that most women desire. So here are some tips which will make your skin glow ………
- Do not keep unrealistic weight loss goals as it spoils your skin in bargain.
- Food loaded with preservative and stabilizers cannot give a healthy glow. So minimize intake of processed, preserved and fast food .
- Cut down on too much of sugar as they tend to age your skin.
- Water is important for your body to perform biochemical processes. The best time to take water is as soon as you wake up which cleans your system. Water is best taken in between meal gaps. Sipping warm water an hour after meal keeps the digestion going especially after an oily meal.
- Over consumption of tea and coffee damages the skin. Green or herbal tea is a great substitute, which has excellent antioxidants.
- A healthy liver is essential for a healthy skin . Clean your liver by vegetable juices, low fat and high fiber diet. A mixture of carrot, tomato and beetroot juice is a good liver cleanser.
- Flaxseed, walnut and fish are rich in zinc and omega 3 fatty acids which reduces dryness and inflammation. Inflammation causes the skin to age faster. Zinc is helpful in assisting new cell production and sloughing off the dead skin. Keep flaxseed, sunflower seed and sesame seed handy so that you can sprinkle over stir fries, salads, vegetables etc to keep up the intake of EFA’s.
- Vitamin K is an all star antioxidant which is essential for a new cell growth so include egg yolk, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, green leafy vegetables, fish oil, grapefruit, prunes and sprouts in your diet.
- Yoghurt is a miracle food for skin. It improves digestion and immune system. A good skin is a reflection of a good digestive system.
- Cod liver oil, sweet potato, egg yolk, dark green leafy vegetables, carrots, papaya have Vitamin A which aids in development and maintenance of skin cell. A deficiency of which will lead to a dry skin.
- Citrus fruits, tomato, bell pepper and all berries are rich in Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that mops up free radicals.
- Foods like olive, olive oil, mustard oil , flax seed oil , almond ,avocados have good fat apart from improving your skin they take care of your nail , hair , muscles and all your cellular function.
You can never improve your skin without good night sleep and moderate exercise .
So , eat well , look good and keep your skin healthy from inside out.