Christmas and New Year is the time when food , drink and merriment is a rule , hence we tend to face bloating , indigestion and weight gain . To remain healthy certain balancing act becomes essential.
Here are they …
- Amla improves liver functioning so includes its juice or powder diluted in water on an empty stomach which aids digestion .
- Add one tea spoon wheat or oat bran top your roti dough . You can even substitute dalia for rotis as dalia is unrefined flour .
- Sip hot water throughout the day to aid digestion and flush out toxins . Drink herbal or green tea as they are rich in antioxidants .
- Drink extra water the following week as many foods consumed during indulgences are higher in sodium.
- Extra physical activity for a week or so would be helpful.
- Light dinners are the best way to knock off extra calories as you have indulged enough in previous week.
- Avoid sugar and diet drinks completely.
- Include raw tomatoes, carrots and radishes in your diet as they have enzymes which aid digestion.
- Avoid milk and paneer for few days. To maintain calcium levels add curd (made of skimmed milk), a teaspoon of flaxseed and till in your diet .
So make resolution this year to follow these rules to remain fit and have fun too.